Thursday, April 11, 2013

What is Action Research?


I have learned that  action research can be effective for an administrator or any practioner trying to improve school quality. Practioners are able to study practices and then take action to change these practices if need be. They are the ones to ask questions, collect, and analyze data to make these changes in educational practices. Action Research can be an important device for administrators because they can analyze issues at their campus and reflect on their data to improve the issue.This type of research gives administrators the chance to change issues in the school from the inside, rather than people guessing what needs to be done. 

I would be able to use action research to investigate issues that I am passionate about. I have always had a curiosity about vocabulary and the impact it can have if it is utilized consistently. I would  like to research using vocabulary strategies to improve scores through a grading period. I would then like to use the same procedures and test it on a whole new group of students and grade level and compare the similarities and difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment