Sunday, April 21, 2013

Lessons Learned about Action Research


A lesson that I learned this week about my action research is that my project should be something that will be the most beneficial to myself. I had great conversations about different project ideas with my supervisor and we came to the conclusion that the topic I choose should have the most effect on my teaching and the topic should be worth my time. It  made me think about what I am really passionate about and came to the realization that I am interested in vocabulary. My site supervisor and I both felt that this topic can be something that the whole department could utilize at some point. Scores need to improve and we both felt that this topic would be a beneficial strategy to instructional progress. 

1 comment:

  1. Tamara,
    I think that your topic of vocabulary will be a great action research project. I agree that in order for scores to come up, students must have a true understanding of vocabulary. I wish you luck in your research and look forward to following your blog.

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete